As technology becomes increasingly important, an organization’s success depends on whether their IT leaders can move from a functional to a strategic business leader.1 But it can be difficult to develop tomorrow’s offerings with yesterday’s tools. You need to standardize your data and end-to-end business processes on one platform to deliver the velocity needed to support new business models and enable continuous innovation.
- Lead change by putting customers and innovation at the center of the organization. The decisions you make form the digital backbone of the organization, underpinning new business models, products, and services.
- Create a vision and operational strategy of that vision to empower IT to future-proof the organization’s growth potential.
- Improve collaboration across departments and empower your teams to focus on business growth, rather than running your business applications.
- Move away from disparate systems that are cumbersome, inefficient and create data visibility issues leading to security challenges.
- Legacy IT tools and outdated technology architecture hinder collaborative innovation, making it hard to manage complex integrations of services with products; they also reduce ROI potential from digital investments. Focus on building agile processes to deliver innovations at a pace that meets the needs of the business.
- Data and IT teams spend a vast proportion of their time on maintenance and management activities. This leads to inefficiencies, inaccuracies, and unreliable data. Automation of business processes can help drive innovation and agility across the organization.
Remove barriers to innovation
Today, IT leaders can no longer just deliver IT infrastructure and services; they need to have a fundamental focus on outcomes. How can technology leaders move IT from chaos and complexity to being an enabler of business growth? They need to rapidly digitize all aspects of the business:
- Standardize and automate end-to-end business processes and build agility to increase supply chain efficiency, and ultimately speed up your time to market.
- Connect customer, operational, sensory and product data to drive quality improvement, product enhancements, and service innovations.
- Leverage artificial intelligence (AI), the Internet of Things (IoT), and machine learning (ML) to provide actionable insights that improve planning and decision-making.
- Gain visibility and control with one unified cloud platform that reduces time spent on maintaining systems or manual processes and frees your skilled workers to focus on innovation.
- Democratize and standardize data across your organization to bring together and empower all teams to innovate and become change agents.